What Should I Do If I Inherited a Home in Foreclosure?

Can the home be saved?

Act Now


When a family member or loved one passes away, often times a home is left behind for the survivors and beneficiaries. What makes a difficult situation even more challenging is when that home itself is in foreclosure. Whether the beneficiaries want to keep the home for sentimental reasons, or rely on the home for shelter, they do have certain rights in the home. Beneficiaries can in fact intervene and vigorously defend the foreclosure action in court, and on a parallel track negotiate with the bank outside of court. However, banks aren't always willing to negotiate and work with beneficiaries. Often times, it takes an aggressive and skilled attorney to maneuver the situation and help the beneficiaries protect their rights.

If you inherit a home that's in foreclosure, don't be dismayed by the enormity of the situation. You have rights, but you need to assert and defend them. At The Law Center, we are a team of specialists that are passionate about foreclosure defense and helping homeowners at the highest level - and we have helped countless beneficiaries save the home in foreclosure they inherited. It’s now your home, let The Law Center help you defend it.

Call us now and speak with a foreclosure expert on how you can make the foreclosure process work for you -- not against you. (312) 600-8815

LET’s Get in touch


79 W. Monroe
Suite 819
Chicago, Illinois 60603

Email or text Us

Let’s get social

Disclaimer – The Law Center, LLC is not a debt collector and is not affiliated with your mortgage lender, service or any government entity. The attorney responsible for the content of this advertisement is IL Attorney B. Fard. Nothing on this website is to be construed as a guarantee or prediction of result. No recipient of content from this site, client, whether current or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting based on information at this site. Any and all information on this website is not intended to, nor does it, constitute or establish an attorney-client relationship.